Apparently there was some confusion with yesterday's "release" of jackass 3.5. Some were under the impression the whole kit and kaboodle was going to be streamed in whole. Others were understandably flustered that the joosted videos were not available in their region of the world. Many asked if, when, where or how soon they could get the entirety of jackass 3.5 on DVD. Some of these questions, possibly more, probably even less, will now be addressed:
• Call 'em what you will—episodes, webisodes, clipisodes, segmentodes, constipatodes, just not nematodes—that's how jackass 3.5 is being dribbled out. Since the dawn of jackass on MTV in October 2000, the format has always been segment-based, so they do hack up very nicely for "fun-sized" portions, don't they? So, every Tuesday and Friday for the next two months (with some further helpings to come), expect to find new batches posted on joost.com—some of which can be found embedded here, others not for "age gated" reasons, e.g. the April Fool's debut of Steve-O's ass-to-mouth encounter with the alligator snapping turtle.
• Currently joost.com is only serving up the jackass 3.5 cutlets to the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Turkey, Germany, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Austria, and Switzerland. Hate to resort to sporting cliches but appropriate is as appropriate does: don't hate the player, hate the game. (Hell, I can't even view 'em from where I live, so I do sympathize with anyone that falls into the same "geographically-undesirable" category. Hmm... maybe we should form a jackass 3.deprived support group that meets every Tuesday and Fridays?)
• With regard to a jackass 3.5 DVD release, yes, Annie, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be one to come—just not tomorrow. Similar to the winey ways of Paul Masson, though, no news will be released before its marketing time, so just sit tight for now. Me, personally, I like to do so with my hand tucked in the front of my men's boxer briefs. I don't touch myself, mind you, like by cradling the balls or working the shaft. I just like to rest the hand inside the waistband. I find it comforting.
• You link, we link, we all link—this is the proper link to the jackass 3.5 experience: http://www.joost.com/jackass3.5
If there were any other questions, concerns, comments or hemorrhoidal gripes, I'll be shitfarmed if I can't recall 'em now. The perks of a poor short term memory, I guess! Before going, though, I will leave you with these related links for your offhand online weekend digestions:
• A jackass 3.5 teaser featuring some fancy Phantom high-speed footage:
• Johnny Knoxville's appearance on Conan O'Brien's show, where he discusses a stabbing incident (uh, that was me, by the way, that "didn't have his back," but Geoff Mcfetridge didn't exactly do anything manly either!) and the genious behind his jackass storyboards:
• Bam Margera talks up jackass 3.5 and spits out even more on MTV's The Seven: